PDA

View Full Version : SWAT fires on 18 year old girl not carrying weapon

03-19-2013, 11:03 AM
This is part of the new police mentality of go hard and conclude everything in five minutes or less even if you have a kill a few people--cuz, hey, policing isn't supposed to be a high risk job anymore, right? Does anyone remember when search warrants didn't involve doors being kicked in?

http://rt.com/usa/swat-teenage-girl-hughley-906/

Members of a SWAT team opened fire on an unarmed teenage girl this week when police officers outside of Washington, DC attempted to serve an early morning search warrant.

Myasia Hughley, 18, is recovering from flesh wounds following Thursday morning’s events in District Heights, Maryland. She was asleep in her bedroom at her family house when 15 FBI SWAT agents stormed the house with guns drawn.

“I’m shouting ‘Nobody is armed, nobody has a gun!’ and then all of a sudden I heard ‘She’s got a gun!’ and they just opened fire,” Emory Hughley, Myasia’s father, tells local station WJLA News.

Myasia didn’t have a gun, though, nor did any other member of the Hughley household. The authorities allegedly saw something, and in their minds had enough reason to unleash a barrage of bullets at the girl. Mr. Hughley tells Washington’s NBC News4 that he saw one agent even fire off around seven shots himself using a semi-automatic weapon.

The XL
03-19-2013, 11:07 AM
Every one of them who opened fire deserves the death penalty.

03-19-2013, 11:09 AM
Presumption of innocence means nothing if we can trump it with the police could have been shot at. We should just not bother then sending in ground troops anywhere then because we can just nuke a country before it fires on us...right?

usfan
03-19-2013, 11:22 AM
Presumption of innocence means nothing if we can trump it with the police could have been shot at. We should just not bother then sending in ground troops anywhere then because we can just nuke a country before it fires on us...right?

This is a tragic but accurate picture of the justification to take our individual rights. Due process, speech, keep & bear arms.. all are under deliberate attack from the statists. But it has always been this way. After 200 yrs of liberty, i am shocked that americans are so willing to let them overrun us.

Trinnity
03-19-2013, 11:42 AM
This is terrible and ridiculous. Nazi Germany anyone???

KSigMason
03-19-2013, 02:09 PM
This is a tragic but accurate picture of the justification to take our individual rights. Due process, speech, keep & bear arms.. all are under deliberate attack from the statists. But it has always been this way. After 200 yrs of liberty, i am shocked that americans are so willing to let them overrun us.
They've become morally, intelligently, and in many cases complacent, fat, lazy, indifferent, and lethargic. The majority of people have allowed this monstrosity of a government to become what it is today. More and more, I'm thinking we deserve the shit storm that is coming through.

Roadmaster
03-19-2013, 02:42 PM
“I’m shouting ‘Nobody is armed, nobody has a gun!’ and then all of a sudden I heard ‘She’s got a gun!’ and they just opened fire,” Emory Hughley, Myasia’s father, tells local station WJLA News.
They needed her dead I presume.

st james
03-19-2013, 06:42 PM
dead people cannot testify

zelmo1234
03-19-2013, 06:53 PM
As a trainer it is becoming more and more apparent that our Police departments lack the training to preform in pressure situations. Hopefull the officers responsible for this action will be put at a desk for the rest of their hopefully short careers.

However, early morning warrants are usually inforced because there is a clear and present danger, and they are trying to catch people sleeping, especially if they kick in the door! It looks like they may have made more than one mistake here, or they havea leak nad the home was cleaned before the actions could be taken.

03-19-2013, 07:03 PM
As a trainer it is becoming more and more apparent that our Police departments lack the training to preform in pressure situations. Hopefull the officers responsible for this action will be put at a desk for the rest of their hopefully short careers.

What are the odds this will happen? Be honest.

However, early morning warrants are usually inforced because there is a clear and present danger, and they are trying to catch people sleeping, especially if they kick in the door! It looks like they may have made more than one mistake here, or they havea leak nad the home was cleaned before the actions could be taken.

Define clear and present danger. We've had 2 clients last month who have had their homes invaded by SWAT in this manner over simple white collar crimes with people who had ZERO history of violence.

This is de rigueur now. Oh, I'm sure in small towns across America there are local sheriffs who do not use this MO, but it is big city style.