PDA

View Full Version : Paid College For Vets

Matt
11-21-2014, 04:40 PM
Just an FYI for the vets on this board. I learned something new the other day. Vets with a 30% or over disability rating are entitled to go back to college on the government's dime. You will get a package very similar to the GI Bill that sometimes includes BAH (at their discretion). You should contact your local VA official on the matter. I don't know what the program is called but it may help some of you go back to college...if any of you have any interest.

My Dad served 20 years in the Navy. He was just approved to go to college again, full time, paid for by the US Government. It's a program helping vets on their feet which is great since he has no usable skills honestly and has barely surviving at the managing level of a federal agency (they keep trying to downsize those without college degrees). I am also eligible for the program on top of the GI Bill.

So for anyone who's a vet, retired or separated, check it out.

EvilObamaClone
11-21-2014, 05:19 PM
I have no problem with this. After serving your country you should get a certain amount of benefits. It is something they've earned for putting their life on the line, and they're not on welfare watching the Simpsons eating bons bons, i.e., doing nothing with their life and not mooching off of people.

Matt
11-21-2014, 07:06 PM
Of course no one will have an issue with it. This is for vets who have gotten at least 30% disability. Which means they have suffered an injury that is not going to go away. Unfortunately as our admins are aware I am in that boat as well. So I think it's only right they get something to help them of their feet lol.