PDA

View Full Version : Police bust a cap in some civilians they thought was Dorner--I'm not surprised

02-17-2013, 08:09 PM
Dorner Manhunt Reveals Police Contempt for Public Safety Itís sad when people are more worried about the police than they are about a murderer on the loose. Steven Greenhut (http://reason.com/people/steven-greenhut/all) | February 15, 2013

http://reason.com/archives/2013/02/15/dorner-manhunt-reveals-police-contempt-f

Last weekend, police opened fire on a 71-year-old newspaper carrier and her 47-year-old daughter who had the misfortune of driving a pick-up truck police thought might be Dornerís. The Los Angeles police detectives who opened fire on them, putting two bullets in the older womanís back, didnít do much double checking. The carriers' truck was a different make and color from Dornerís.

As the womenís attorney told the Los Angeles Times: ďThe problem with the situation is it looked like the police had the goal of administering street justice and in so doing, didn't take the time to notice that these two older, small Latina women don't look like a large black man.Ē This could be written off as a sad fluke, except that 25 minutes later different officers opened fire on a different truckóonce again getting key details wrong. Canít officers at least check the license plate, and issue a warning, before opening fire?

***the entire article is good and worth a read about the nature of our police state.

garyo
02-17-2013, 08:15 PM
Oh fuck, shoot first and deny later.

02-17-2013, 08:18 PM
Did you read about the second truck?

They weren't looking to aprehend, they were looking to kill.

There is no justice system when we do that. Just a police system.

garyo
02-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Guess we all need to wear flac jackets when going outside.

02-17-2013, 08:32 PM
People were literally putting signs on their cars that said "Not Dorner", that's how out of control the cops were.

garyo
02-17-2013, 08:36 PM
His fate was sealed, don't condone it, don't feel sorry for him either.

02-17-2013, 08:39 PM
His fate was sealed, don't condone it, don't feel sorry for him either.

Ten years ago I might have felt differently, now...I dunno...he could have been a patsy to get us to accept drone use.

Sinestro/Green Arrow
02-18-2013, 02:41 PM
Like I said when this whole thing started, the LAPD is the most corrupt PD in the nation, and they weren't going to let Dorner live. There's no possible way to tell if he actually did it or not.

The XL
02-18-2013, 03:53 PM
Like I said when this whole thing started, the LAPD is the most corrupt PD in the nation, and they weren't going to let Dorner live. There's no possible way to tell if he actually did it or not.

If you said that to an NY cop, he'd beat your ass.

Sinestro/Green Arrow
02-18-2013, 04:10 PM
If you said that to an NY cop, he'd beat your ass.

I'd put NYPD at number 2, personally, but then we've probably both had terrible experiences with our (former, for me) PDs.

02-18-2013, 04:13 PM
I'd put NYPD at number 2, personally, but then we've probably both had terrible experiences with our (former, for me) PDs.

I'm going with the NYPD. Their corruption is more organized and made mainstream acceptable. People in Cali actually complain. New Yorkers accept it because they are so 9-11 traumatized they no longer want to think for themselves.

The XL
02-18-2013, 04:19 PM
New Yorkers freeze when any confrontation in general happens.

Sinestro/Green Arrow
02-18-2013, 04:31 PM
I'm going with the NYPD. Their corruption is more organized and made mainstream acceptable. People in Cali actually complain. New Yorkers accept it because they are so 9-11 traumatized they no longer want to think for themselves.

You have a point. I didn't think of it that way.