PDA

View Full Version : ruger lcr

usfan
02-14-2013, 11:13 AM
I just thought i'd post a recommendation for a nice little firearm. I picked this up last week, & have taken it to the range a couple of times. It is in 38spl, which is a decent defense round, is super lightweight (13.5 oz!) & holds 5 rounds. It is a revolver, double action only, with no hammer to snag. There are plenty of good reviews for this pistol, but what impresses me most is it's accuracy. I shot 4" groups from a rest at 30', & 5" free standing from 25'. I don't really conceal carry, but this is the perfect firearm for that. It is nearly as accurate as a 4" revolver, & is much more so than a 9mm auto i have.

It's only been out for a few years, & is pretty hard to find sometimes (especially now!). But if you're looking for a lightweight, accurate, powerful, concealable pistol, this one is tough to beat. The double action trigger is like no other.. very smooth & easy.

It's pretty hi-tech, too. The cylinder & barrel are stainless steel, the front frame is aluminum, which also covers the barrel, & the grip section is polymer. The large hogue grip really helps with recoil.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/firearms-images-products-461l.jpg

Trinnity
02-14-2013, 03:19 PM
That's nice. A .38 is a handy little piece. Very little kick - in fact, basically NO kick. AND easily concealed.

garyo
02-14-2013, 03:22 PM
I like it, have CWP, gonna check it out.

usfan
02-14-2013, 03:22 PM
That's nice. A .38 is a handy little piece. Very little kick - in fact, basically NO kick. AND easily concealed.

Of course, it is no match for your judge. That is a pretty big gun, & even if you don't have time to draw it, you can whack the bad guy with your purse & that makes it a formidable weapon! :smiley_ROFLMAO:

usfan
02-14-2013, 03:32 PM
I like it, have CWP, gonna check it out.

I have a glock 19, which is more than twice it's size, & even more weight.. It is a great pistol.. very reliable. But i'd much rather carry the lcr, with a stronger cartridge, just as accurate, & a lot smaller & lighter. Some +p rounds in there are nearly 357 ballistically, & it is LOUD! This would be a great kit gun for your tackle box or hiking rig, too.

For shtf, it's pretty tame. ..not enough shots, big cartridge.. probably others. I'd pick the glock if zombies were coming down the hill.

But there is something about a revolver that brings security. They don't scare liberals as much as an auto, either.:thinking: