PDA

View Full Version : What's Going On?

TrueMan
08-06-2014, 05:52 AM
Some of the main issues facing today’s Veterans shocked me a lot. Veteran unemployment is nearly twice the national average. There is a backlog of 1.2 million claims at the Veterans Administration. A third of all homeless citizens in America are Veterans. Is it ok?

Dos Equis
08-06-2014, 06:00 AM
Some of the main issues facing today’s Veterans shocked me a lot. Veteran unemployment is nearly twice the national average. There is a backlog of 1.2 million claims at the Veterans Administration. A third of all homeless citizens in America are Veterans. Is it ok?

Not to worry, they have great health care from what I hear.

Max Rockatansky
08-06-2014, 08:13 AM
No, it's not okay. This nation has traditionally done poorly in helping our vets. Most of the veteran problems you've noted are mental health issues. The suicide rate of vets is much higher than those who never served. Oddly, according to the study below, it's mostly the older vets who are taking their lives, not the younger

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/va-study-finds-more-veterans-committing-suicide/2013/01/31/1092b330-5a68-11e2-9fa9-5fbdc9530eb9_story.html

Trinnity
08-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Where are the jobs? Why isn't obama bringing the sunny new day he promised?

Max Rockatansky
08-06-2014, 08:36 AM
It's not government's job to create jobs. That's a left wing myth.

President Peanut
08-11-2014, 05:32 PM
That is because this nation doesn't care about veterans. If they did, none of this would be happening because 314 million Americans would be up in arms in near-revolt. But instead, the 1% of us that served are left out to deal with it ourselves. If you really want to get civilians' attention, turn their TV off and stop their welfare. I found it amazing that no one bats a fucking eye about veterans--who have actually earned their benefits--having to wait over a year for treatment and compensation, but one fucking day of food stamps not working and everyone loses their god danged mind. Shows where the priorities in this nation are.

JustPassinThru
08-11-2014, 05:41 PM
It's not government's job to create jobs. That's a left wing myth.

Of course not.

Government cannot create jobs; but it can damn-sure DESTROY them, or prevent them from being created.

Which is what economically-astute critics are angry at him and his for.

RePHormed
08-11-2014, 06:52 PM
Vets have put their lives on the line and they deserve much better. There should be people going to jail, not getting bonuses. Look out, obamacare will be just as bad.

Karl
09-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Oh Oh What's Goin On

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-kA3UtBj4M