PDA

View Full Version : Useful Survival/Preparedness Books And Publications & Websites

Karl
02-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Everybody should have survival info whether in books or printed off the computer stashed away so you got it handy should you ever need them

2 magazines I suggest everyone subscribe too are the Backwoodsman and Backwoods Home

The Backwoodsman is more of a traditional enthusiasts magazine but don't let that fool you nearly all the articles are contributed by subscribers while it leans traditional it covers the entire spectrum everything from gunsmithing self employment gardening herbal medicine do it yourself alternative energy and has lots of hunting stories and do it yourself crafts like tanning hides making your own shotgun shells even a pencil holder from a deer antler and turtle shell ashtrays

Backwoods Home Magazine is more the farm / homesteader type with a very strong Libertarian leaning message expressed by the editorial board
Backwoods Home magazine aims more at self sufficiency and covers things like livestock gardening self canning and do it yourself projects like cabins woodstoves hand dug root cellars anything and everything it also has a monthly firearms column written by a retired police officer and profiles different weapons conceal carry laws and some gunsmithing this magazine is also full of self medical care tips and tasty recipes

If you have 4/5 years of volumes saved up of both publications chances are you got 75% of everything you need to know covered already

I will further update this thread another time

In the mean time please share anything you got whether it be books videos or websites

Roadmaster
02-06-2013, 09:59 PM
That's good because I would bet most have no idea how to survive. They made it a point to teach us when I was young.

lostbeyond
02-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Absolutely excellent thread. Thanks for bringing this. I have always wanted to learn about these skills, now I know where to begin to look. :)

Trinnity
02-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Cool....more good info. SLH, you're a real asset. Thank you.