PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul tweets disgusting message about Navy SEAL Kyle

kk8
02-04-2013, 12:19 PM
This gives me another example of why I have been afraid of Ron Paul.

So, in other words....Chris Kyle deserved it?

RON PAUL ACCOUNT TWEETS SHOCK MESSAGE ABOUT FORMER SEAL SNIPERíS DEATH
215Ron Paul ✔@RonPaul
"Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense'
5:05 PM - 04 Feb 13 (https://twitter.com/RonPaul/statuses/298477312876355585)

Kabuki Joe
02-04-2013, 12:28 PM

RON PAUL ACCOUNT TWEETS SHOCK MESSAGE ABOUT FORMER SEAL SNIPERíS DEATH

215Ron Paul ✔@RonPaul
"Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense'

...hmmmmm...it kind of makes sence...I agree that Chris Kyle was an exceptional soldier but soldiers carry a burden that most of us will never understand...Ron Paul can't relate to a soldier and just like the white guy that tries to defend blacks, he's better off not saying a thing when he can't relate...I just hope that if there is a god he takes care of another soldier!...

Kabuki Joe

Calypso Jones
02-04-2013, 01:05 PM
This is going to be interesting. I find Paul's remarks reprehensible. but not surprising. The only thing i'm surprised about is that he is demented enough to tweet it outloud.

countryboy
02-04-2013, 01:13 PM
This is going to be interesting. I find Paul's remarks reprehensible. but not surprising. The only thing i'm surprised about is that he is demented enough to tweet it outloud.
I've always said I think he's a loon. This is pretty compelling evidence.

Sinestro/Green Arrow
02-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Well, it makes sense. The soldier with Kyle had PTSD and Kyle thought it would be a good idea to take him to a firing range? Not the smartest decision in the world.

garyo
02-04-2013, 01:18 PM
I for one wouldn't feel comfortable around someone with a mental disorder and a gun, could it be I'm paranoid?

Fearandloathing
02-04-2013, 01:20 PM

RON PAUL ACCOUNT TWEETS SHOCK MESSAGE ABOUT FORMER SEAL SNIPER’S DEATH

215Ron Paul ✔@RonPaul

I can't say he's a nut bar because of those remarks. I mean taking the guy to a firing range IS major stoopid.

Sinestro/Green Arrow
02-04-2013, 01:30 PM
So basically, he quoted Jesus in the first sentence and pointed out the stupidity of taking a man with PTSD to a firing range.

The only problem I see with the tweet is the timing.

Fearandloathing
02-04-2013, 01:34 PM
So basically, he quoted Jesus in the first sentence and pointed out the stupidity of taking a man with PTSD to a firing range.

The only problem I see with the tweet is the timing.

Or that he tweeted.

Sinestro/Green Arrow
02-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Or that he tweeted.

Eh, Twitter is just another necessary part of social media interaction these days, unfortunately.

Mainecoons
02-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Why is it necessary? My wife and I do just fine without it and Facebook too.

The XL
02-04-2013, 01:42 PM
I've always said I think he's a loon. This is pretty compelling evidence.

What is loony about Ron Pauls political positions?

Sinestro/Green Arrow
02-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Why is it necessary? My wife and I do just fine without it and Facebook too.

It's necessary for social media. If you don't participate in social media, you're exempt.

But in 2013 America, if you want to get a message out effectively, you need Twitter and Facebook.

countryboy
02-04-2013, 02:07 PM
What is loony about Ron Pauls political positions?
Not much really, other than the isolationism and his position on islamofascists having nukes (that's pretty fucking looney). Something about his demeanor just rubs me the wrong way. Plus, I don't really believe he would do much to promote the Constitutional principles he "advocates", since he is nothing more than another career politician who has led a very unremarkable career.

Sinestro/Green Arrow
02-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Not much really, other than the isolationism and his position on islamofascists having nukes (that's pretty fucking looney). Something about his demeanor just rubs me the wrong way. Plus, I don't really believe he would do much to promote the Constitutional principles he "advocates", since he is nothing more than another career politician who has led a very unremarkable career.

It's Non-Interventionism, not Isolationism. Big difference.

Fearandloathing
02-04-2013, 02:15 PM

Well, on that last part I disagree. He is remarkable in that he has captured the attention of a hard and fast segment of the American social fabric, even if they don't vote. I suspect he is going to get more study from political scientists than Barrack Obama in the coming years.

Paul is an icon, representing a weird but significant segment of the population. What you consider looney is mainstream for many.......and I happen to agree that the US has to pull back and be less involved in international affairs.

You guys have fucked things up well enough thank you...two wars for longer than ten years each?

countryboy
02-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Well, on that last part I disagree. He is remarkable in that he has captured the attention of a hard and fast segment of the American social fabric, even if they don't vote. I suspect he is going to get more study from political scientists than Barrack Obama in the coming years.

Paul is an icon, representing a weird but significant segment of the population. What you consider looney is mainstream for many.......and I happen to agree that the US has to pull back and be less involved in international affairs.

You guys have fucked things up well enough thank you...two wars for longer than ten years each?
I dont necessarily disagree, but please don't lump me in with, "you guys". :wink:

If RP is unelectable, and his followers don't vote, what useful purpose has he served?

Sinestro/Green Arrow
02-04-2013, 02:23 PM
I dont necessarily disagree, but please don't lump me in with, "you guys". :wink:

If RP is unelectable, and his followers don't vote, what useful purpose has he served?

Where are you getting that his followers don't vote?

countryboy
02-04-2013, 02:25 PM
It's Non-Interventionism, not Isolationism. Big difference.
Why must libs play these games of semantics? You are highlighting a distinction without a difference.

countryboy
02-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Where are you getting that his followers don't vote?

FAL said so. :D

The XL
02-04-2013, 02:28 PM

All of our foreign policy problems are blowback. Our current foreign policy is insane, non interventionism is the answer.

Sinestro/Green Arrow
02-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Why must libs play these games of semantics? You are highlighting a distinction without a difference.

It's not semantics, they are two completely different philosophies.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolationism

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-interventionism

countryboy
02-04-2013, 03:33 PM
It's not semantics, they are two completely different philosophies.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolationism

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-interventionism

Okie dokie.

02-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Ron Paul is not tweeting. Someone on his staff or a hacker tweeted it. I guarantee you he's not even heard of twitter.

Sinestro/Green Arrow
02-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Okie dokie.

Aw, come on, countryboy. That's it? No discussion? Not even another clever quip? I am disappoint :tongue:

Sinestro/Green Arrow
02-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Ron Paul is not tweeting. Someone on his staff or a hacker tweeted it. I guarantee you he's not even heard of twitter.

Even if he tweeted it, I still don't see the big deal.

The XL
02-04-2013, 03:48 PM

Probably, but he's still gonna get shit for it though.

I don't care about it either way.

02-04-2013, 04:03 PM
I just love the idea that they think he actually uses Twitter.

The XL
02-04-2013, 04:08 PM
I just love the idea that they think he actually uses Twitter.

They'd never pass up an opportunity to attack him.

Network
02-04-2013, 04:55 PM
A global force for good...."for good" meaning "forever".