PDA

View Full Version : there's 800k cops, 1 million troops in US. We outnumber them by 30 to 1, at least

gainso
04-23-2014, 01:09 PM
many of them are on OUR side, actually, and a great many more of them are cowards. So don't think that the odds are so bad for us, cause they are not, and when right is on your side, to not fight is to be a coward, regardless of the odds. Big Brother's oppressions are WRONG, we are RIGHT to want freedom, and guns are a necessary part of that freedom.

Trinnity
04-23-2014, 02:00 PM
The one thing that gives me hope is that the American spirit of Liberty is real and it still exists. It's the thing that's gonna save us if we can survive our govt destroying the country.

Hansel
04-23-2014, 10:46 PM
Who is "we"? If the poster is referring to the total population then one might consider this. A lot of the people are not able to fight because of age or poor health. And the small children can do what for the movement?

I need some clarification on the ratio of 30 to one.

Roadmaster
04-23-2014, 10:50 PM
Who is "we"? If the poster is referring to the total population then one might consider this. A lot of the people are not able to fight because of age or poor health. And the small children can do what for the movement?

I need some clarification on the ratio of 30 to one. I know I was proud to see the ones at the ranch. The way the schools have been softening and pushing liberal ideas it was nice to see we still have some left out west.

Hansel
04-23-2014, 10:53 PM
The one thing that gives me hope is that the American spirit of Liberty is real and it still exists. It's the thing that's gonna save us if we can survive our govt destroying the country.
It is encouraging to see state level legislation bucking the ever increasing intrusion into peoples' liberties. One might think the clowns in WDC would take the hint someday and follow the lead of the states to repeal abusive federal policies.

Maybe this is wishful thinking, but I hope that things will improve when and if a Republican is in the WH and if and when Pubs have more clout in the Congress. Hopefully Obamacare will help pave the way for a Republican rout in the Congress

Somehow the people need to impress on the pols they send to Washington that either they perform or don't come back home. Who needs such liabilities anyway? I may sound cranky and unreasonable at times but this has gone on long enough. The people need to get meaner than a junk yard dog and lay down the law to those self serving idiots.

Victory
04-29-2014, 01:49 PM

I need some clarification on the ratio of 30 to one.

I really need to find that picture of my great aunt Millie. She was old old old. This picture showed her at about 95 sitting in her rocking chair on her back porch aiming a big revolver at something in the distance. Coolest aunt I ever had.

Coolwalker
04-29-2014, 01:54 PM
many of them are on OUR side, actually, and a great many more of them are cowards. So don't think that the odds are so bad for us, cause they are not, and when right is on your side, to not fight is to be a coward, regardless of the odds. Big Brother's oppressions are WRONG, we are RIGHT to want freedom, and guns are a necessary part of that freedom.

Things they have that I don't

Keflar Vest
Humvee
Tank
Gernades
Gas mask
Bazooka
Drones
90% of the ammunition in the country
Jet Planes
Bombs
Field Radios
Thousands of doctors and nurses

...I think we might need at least half of them to be on our side or else we'll be like Custer.

Max Rockatansky
04-29-2014, 01:59 PM

I need some clarification on the ratio of 30 to one.I think he's figuring old women and children are easier to shoot because you don't have to lead them as much.

Discombobulated
04-30-2014, 01:36 AM
I think he's figuring old women and children are easier to shoot because you don't have to lead them as much.

Some people get wood at the thought of civil war, fortunately most of them are prone to shoot their load prematurely.

JustPassinThru
04-30-2014, 01:49 AM
Things they have that I don't

Keflar Vest
Humvee
Tank
Gernades
Gas mask
Bazooka
Drones
90% of the ammunition in the country
Jet Planes
Bombs
Field Radios
Thousands of doctors and nurses

...I think we might need at least half of them to be on our side or else we'll be like Custer.

The Russians overwhelmed the Nazi forces with sheer numbers and Molotov Cocktails. I'm not saying there wouldn't be heavy costs; but it is doable.

What bothers me is that we're quick to adopt the Anarchist way of seeing things, that ALL cops are the Enemy.

I don't believe they are. Joe Arpaio is one example of a cop controlling a force who is NOT.

There are surely others. They're probably afraid to take a stand at this early point, and wisely so.

But...I would hate to have any Tea Party/Patriot Resistance movement co-opted by the no-government loonies; or let these loonies egg us into civil war before it's necessary.

Ghost of Lunchboxxy
04-30-2014, 01:57 AM
I think the Leninist tactic of infiltrating your people deeply in all levels of the army would yield better results.

Discombobulated
04-30-2014, 01:59 AM
The Russians overwhelmed the Nazi forces with sheer numbers and Molotov Cocktails. I'm not saying there wouldn't be heavy costs; but it is doable.

What bothers me is that we're quick to adopt the Anarchist way of seeing things, that ALL cops are the Enemy.

I don't believe they are. Joe Arpaio is one example of a cop controlling a force who is NOT.

There are surely others. They're probably afraid to take a stand at this early point, and wisely so.

But...I would hate to have any Tea Party/Patriot Resistance movement co-opted by the no-government loonies; or let these loonies egg us into civil war before it's necessary.

This is why I support the Second Amendment, because if the shit hits the fan normal citizens may be forced to protect themselves from roving bands of right wing nit wits.

Max Rockatansky
04-30-2014, 05:58 PM
This is why I support the Second Amendment, because if the shit hits the fan normal citizens may be forced to protect themselves from roving bands of right wing nit wits.

There will be a few of those. The "militias" who ostensibly formed to "defend the American way of life and our Constitution" would turn into little bands preying on those weaker than they are. The Governor of Woodbury in "The Walking Dead" is an example of people like that.

OTOH, the greatest threat by shear numbers will be the tens of thousands of lefty city dwellers fleeing the cities in search of handouts.

Discombobulated
05-01-2014, 12:27 PM
There will be a few of those. The "militias" who ostensibly formed to "defend the American way of life and our Constitution" would turn into little bands preying on those weaker than they are. The Governor of Woodbury in "The Walking Dead" is an example of people like that.

OTOH, the greatest threat by shear numbers will be the tens of thousands of lefty city dwellers fleeing the cities in search of handouts.

I've already got my post armageddon mountain hide away prepared for the worst. Small cabin at the end of a box canyon, flanked by steep mountains, fairly inaccessible, one road in, a clear field of fire on approach. Year round creek, solar and wind power, three year supply of survival food, underground weapons and ammo cache. Friendly, watchful neighbors at the other end of the road. The only problem is that it's about three hours drive from my house, so I'd have to anticipate to get ahead of the chaos.

old wood
05-01-2014, 02:08 PM

I am amazed when fringe cults assume that LAW Enforcement and UNITED States Military would side with their dreams of outlaw violence and treason. This junk...comes up on Neo-Fascist/Hate/Psycho websites and is a delusion. If Y'all was so popular...you'd take over via ELECTIONS..no need to riot.

Police and Military.. sign up to defend the UNITED STATES..to obey a chain of command, to uphold REAL laws. This ain't Iraq. There's always a FEW rogue types.. but not enough. If ever a VAST number of MAINSTREAM Americans is "on the streets" doing strikes, marches, then there can be a case where police/military join with a MAJORITY to oppose some very VALID and serious problems. We are VERY VERY far aay from that. Only fools who only hear the words of fools..do not see the REALITY.

DeadEye
05-01-2014, 02:20 PM
It is encouraging to see state level legislation bucking the ever increasing intrusion into peoples' liberties. One might think the clowns in WDC would take the hint someday and follow the lead of the states to repeal abusive federal policies.

Maybe this is wishful thinking, but I hope that things will improve when and if a Republican is in the WH and if and when Pubs have more clout in the Congress. Hopefully Obamacare will help pave the way for a Republican rout in the Congress

Somehow the people need to impress on the pols they send to Washington that either they perform or don't come back home. Who needs such liabilities anyway? I may sound cranky and unreasonable at times but this has gone on long enough. The people need to get meaner than a junk yard dog and lay down the law to those self serving idiots.

I agree but the problem is either the voter or the voter who doesn't vote. I've been trying to vote Lindsey Graham out before he ever got in and I bet the house these rino's in my state will re-elect him.

Max Rockatansky
05-01-2014, 07:39 PM
I've already got my post armageddon mountain hide away prepared for the worst. Small cabin at the end of a box canyon, flanked by steep mountains, fairly inaccessible, one road in, a clear field of fire on approach. Year round creek, solar and wind power, three year supply of survival food, underground weapons and ammo cache. Friendly, watchful neighbors at the other end of the road. The only problem is that it's about three hours drive from my house, so I'd have to anticipate to get ahead of the chaos.

Nice get away, but your best protection is your anonymity. Emit some smoke from your cabin on a cold day and anyone with a few molotov coctails can rain down some problems on your little piece of paradise.

Max Rockatansky
05-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Occasionally I've surfed onto NG's show "Doomsday Preppers". Those with a bunker mentality are just walking dead men/women. I've looked at their elaborate plans and reflected on how I'd take them. Usually it'd be best with at least a fire team or squad level force, a few weapons, but the KISS principle prevails. Fire is always a great weapon. Dirt and rocks too if you can move enough. A pickup truck with a blade can push enough dirt over air holes and doors. It can also be used to push other vehicles, such as the bunker owner's cars, over the doors/exit points or to block outside doors or ports.

General George S. Patton once said "fixed fortifications are monuments to man's stupidity". That's how I feel about bunkers. One of Murphy's Rules of Combat (https://www.strategypage.com/humor/articles/military_humor_murphys_laws_of_combat.asp) is "Make it too tough for the enemy to get in, and you won't be able to get out."

Discombobulated
05-02-2014, 01:40 AM
Occasionally I've surfed onto NG's show "Doomsday Preppers". Those with a bunker mentality are just walking dead men/women. I've looked at their elaborate plans and reflected on how I'd take them. Usually it'd be best with at least a fire team or squad level force, a few weapons, but the KISS principle prevails. Fire is always a great weapon. Dirt and rocks too if you can move enough. A pickup truck with a blade can push enough dirt over air holes and doors. It can also be used to push other vehicles, such as the bunker owner's cars, over the doors/exit points or to block outside doors or ports.

General George S. Patton once said "fixed fortifications are monuments to man's stupidity". That's how I feel about bunkers. One of Murphy's Rules of Combat (https://www.strategypage.com/humor/articles/military_humor_murphys_laws_of_combat.asp) is "Make it too tough for the enemy to get in, and you won't be able to get out."

I also have cameras and motion detectors.....plus I'm not planning on fighting Patton's 3rd Army.

Max Rockatansky
05-02-2014, 01:19 PM
I also have cameras and motion detectors.....plus I'm not planning on fighting Patton's 3rd Army.

What powers your cameras and motion detectors? You don't have to fight an entire army. Just a few of your neighbors or roving band looking for supplies.

Discombobulated
05-03-2014, 07:40 PM
What powers your cameras and motion detectors? You don't have to fight an entire army. Just a few of your neighbors or roving band looking for supplies.

http://www.supercircuits.com/security-cameras/mobile-cameras/940nm-no-glow-ir-gsm-field-surveillance-camera-940-gsm

Max Rockatansky
05-03-2014, 08:06 PM
http://www.supercircuits.com/security-cameras/mobile-cameras/940nm-no-glow-ir-gsm-field-surveillance-camera-940-gsm

Eight AA batteries? How many of these do you have and how many years worth of double-A's do you have?

Discombobulated
05-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Eight AA batteries? How many of these do you have and how many years worth of double-A's do you have?

I never said it was Ft. Knox. Terrain is my best defense there, no way to flank me. And I'm too old to run away, so it's the Alamo or nothing.

Max Rockatansky
05-03-2014, 09:32 PM
I never said it was Ft. Knox. Terrain is my best defense there, no way to flank me. And I'm too old to run away, so it's the Alamo or nothing.

No problem. My main point was to criticize those with a bunker mentality. Yes, bunkers have uses, but if one is betting their life on the bunker, they are making a major strategic error IMO. Their best bet is on the computer between their ears. Program and train it well.