PDA

View Full Version : Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled rancher in clash with federal goons

Rudy2D
04-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Posted April 9, 2014 - 6:28pm Updated April 9, 2014 - 11:44pm
By BEN BOTKIN and HENRY BREAN
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

BUNKERVILLE — From near and wide, armed men are trickling toward Cliven Bundy’s ranch, where the rancher’s fight with the federal government (http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/rancher-s-son-describes-arrest-protest-federal-cattle-roundup) has become a rallying cry for militia groups across the United States.
On Wednesday, that dispute teetered at the edge of deadly conflict, when Cliven Bundy’s family members and supporters scuffled with rangers from the Bureau of Land Management sent to protect the federal roundup of Bundy’s cattle on public land.
One of Bundy’s seven sons was shot with a stun gun, and Bundy’s sister was knocked to the ground; but no one was seriously hurt, and no arrests were made.
By late Wednesday, three militia members — two from Montana and one from Utah — had arrived at the ranch 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas. Other militia groups have inundated the Bundy household with calls and pledges to muster at the site. Their stated goal: to protect the Bundys from tyranny.
They say they are prepared for armed confrontation, but they insist they will not be the instigators if bloodshed happens.
Ryan Payne and Jim Lardy, members of the West Mountain Rangers, made the 12-hour drive from western Montana on Tuesday night. Payne is also a coordinator with Operation Mutual Aid, a national association that describes itself as a coalition of state militias.
“They all tell me they are in the process of mobilizing as we speak,” Payne said.
He didn’t put a specific estimate on how many militia members may come, but he said the groups expected are from places like New Hampshire, Texas and Florida and could number in the hundreds.
“We need to be the barrier between the oppressed and the tyrants,” he said. “Expect to see a band of soldiers.”
Payne, 30, and Lardy, 49, both wore holstered handguns as they spoke, but they downplayed the display of firepower. They wear their weapons daily.
They say the goals are for no one to be harmed, the Bundy family to be protected, and the Bundy property restored.
For now, the militia members will camp on the Bundy ranch. They say the issue isn’t about cattle or grazing rights; it’s about constitutional rights.
“We’re not anti-government,” said Lardy, who cuts firewood for a living. “We’re anti-corrupt government.”
Stephen Dean, 45, an artist from Utah, said he made the trip in hopes of heading off another Ruby Ridge or Waco, referring to deadly confrontations involving federal agents in Idaho in 1992 and in Texas in 1993.
A member of the People’s United Mobile Armed Services, Dean said he also carries weapons more powerful than his firearms: a camera and the Internet. Those tools will document the plight of the Bundy ranch and bring the issue to light, he said. “I’m here to see it does happen differently.”
Serious bloodshed was narrowly avoided earlier in the day, when a BLM ranger shot Ammon Bundy, a son of Cliven Bundy, with a stun gun during a heated confrontation a few miles from the ranch house.
A YouTube video shows protesters and law enforcement officers yelling and threatening each other as trucks involved in the roundup attempt to drive through. The officers have stun guns drawn, and one is trying to push the crowd back with a barking dog on a leash.
Cheryl Teerlink, said Ammon Bundy was hit by a stun gun in his arm, chest and neck, but he shook off the first attempt to incapacitate him. “I pulled the tasers out of him,” Teerlink said.
Shortly before that, Cliven Bundy’s sister, Margaret Houston, was thrown to the ground by a BLM officer, Teerlink said.
The incident unfolded near the intersection of Gold Butte Road and state Route 170, where protesters gathered after they saw BLM vehicles coming down from the range.
The Bureau of Land Management and National Park Service released a statement confirming that one protester had been stunned. The agencies said the incident started when “a BLM truck driven by a non-law enforcement civilian employee assisting with gather operations was struck by a protester on an ATV, and the truck’s exit from the area was blocked by a group of individuals who gathered around the vehicle.”
According to the statement, peaceful protests have “crossed into illegal activity” in recent days, with people “blocking vehicles associated with the gather, impeding cattle movement, and making direct and overt threats to government employees.”
“These isolated actions that have jeopardized the safety of individuals have been responded to with appropriate law enforcement actions,” it said.
Federal law enforcement officers, also heavily armed, are providing tight security to contract cowboys from Utah who were hired by the government for almost $1 million to round up as many as 900 cattle that Bundy has left to roam on federal land despite not paying grazing fees for the past 20 years.
Two federal court orders issued within the past year called for the rancher’s livestock to be impounded from a vast swath of mountains and desert. That roundup began Saturday on almost 600,000 acres closed to the public during the operation.
As of Wednesday, 352 animals had been rounded up.
Gov. Brian Sandoval (http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nevada/sandoval-chastises-blm-creating-atmosphere-intimidation-cattle-roundup) on Tuesday slammed the BLM for creating an “atmosphere of intimidation” and called on the agency to dismantle two “First Amendment areas” it set up for demonstrators well away from any roundup activity.
The former federal judge said he told the agency “that such conduct is offensive to me and countless others.”
“No cow justifies the atmosphere of intimidation which currently exists nor the limitation of constitutional rights that are sacred to all Nevadans,” the Republican governor said.
On Wednesday morning, before news broke of the scuffle between protesters and the BLM, Sen. Dean Heller, R-Nev., sent a statement expressing “great disappointment with the way that this situation is being handled.”
Heller said he spoke to newly confirmed BLM director Neil Kornze and “told him very clearly that law-abiding Nevadans must not be penalized by an over-reaching BLM.”
“After hearing from local officials and residents, and receiving feedback from the Nevada Cattlemen’s Association in a meeting this morning, I remain extremely concerned about the size of this closure and disruptions with access to roads, water and electrical infrastructure,” Heller said. “I will continue to closely monitor this situation, and urge the BLM to make the necessary changes in order to preserve Nevadans’ constitutional rights.”
Kornze is a Nevada native who spent eight years as a senior policy adviser for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid before joining the BLM.
Reached for comment before Wednesday’s altercation between rangers and demonstrators, spokeswoman Kristen Orthman said: “Senator Reid hopes the trespassing cattle are rounded up safely so the issue can be resolved.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LhJ6H9vlEDA

Roadmaster
04-10-2014, 06:39 PM
And people say they won't kill innocent people. Bring the guns there people.

Rudy2D
04-10-2014, 06:43 PM
Sheriff Comparison:

http://politicalvelcraft.org/2011/10/19/nevada-sheriff-tony-demeo-stops-federal-agents-feds-engaging-in-illegal-confiscation-of-cattle-and-water-rights-of-county-property-owner/

Roadmaster
04-10-2014, 06:48 PM
Sheriff Comparison:

http://politicalvelcraft.org/2011/10/19/nevada-sheriff-tony-demeo-stops-federal-agents-feds-engaging-in-illegal-confiscation-of-cattle-and-water-rights-of-county-property-owner/

I remember that. States need to fight the feds. Sheriff Tony did good.:thumbsup20:

Rudy2D
04-10-2014, 07:19 PM
I remember that. States need to fight the feds. Sheriff Tony did good.:thumbsup20:

Not many AmPeep know that their local county-sheriff has the ultimate law-enforcement power in the county and can refuse entry to the Feds for any reason--or for none; just "get out of my county."

old wood
04-14-2014, 09:18 PM

So... you still miss segregation?

<<Be civil or take the consequences>>

old wood
04-14-2014, 09:28 PM
Milita? More like a few random trigger happy rednecks caught up in someone elses ego trip. Basically... if you wanna go to war with Uncle Sam....you are STUPID because Uncle Sam has a whole lot to use. This Bundy jerk is a convenient anarchist who thinks no laws apply to him..that he gets to use lands that ain't his, can refuse to pay his dues.

Only a total MORON thinks this has a damn thing to do with "2nd Amendment"...but Damn fools and morons are not all that rare. You have NO RIGHT under the 2nd to threaten any police agency, local, state or federal.

Trinnity
04-14-2014, 10:31 PM
Milita? More like a few random trigger happy rednecks caught up in someone elses ego trip. Basically... if you wanna go to war with Uncle Sam....you are STUPID because Uncle Sam has a whole lot to use. This Bundy jerk is a convenient anarchist who thinks no laws apply to him..that he gets to use lands that ain't his, can refuse to pay his dues.

Only a total MORON thinks this has a damn thing to do with "2nd Amendment"...but Damn fools and morons are not all that rare. You have NO RIGHT under the 2nd to threaten any police agency, local, state or federal.I challenge you to dig deeper into what this is about. It's not guns. It's property rights and the federal govt abusing it's power and acting outside their authority. This story cannot be sound-bite'ed

old wood
04-17-2014, 05:37 PM

Done that...it was called the Civil war. Y'all lost. Get over it. Segregation is old news. You got to be law abiding. You can't be a traitor and patriot at the same time. If you Hate the UNITED State...go somewhere else. Problem solved.

michaelr
04-17-2014, 05:42 PM
Done that...it was called the Civil war. Y'all lost. Get over it. Segregation is old news. You got to be law abiding. You can't be a traitor and patriot at the same time. If you Hate the UNITED State...go somewhere else. Problem solved.

Tell that to you facist fucking scum that some idiots call their government. Tell Obama to stop supporting AQ while you're at it!

fyrenza
04-17-2014, 05:46 PM
Oh, would you look at THAT?

Someone must have neg rep'ed this troll. http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee57/Fyrenza/Forum%20Stuff/whistle-smiley_zps5fae66df.gif (http://s235.photobucket.com/user/Fyrenza/media/Forum%20Stuff/whistle-smiley_zps5fae66df.gif.html)

Sentinel
04-17-2014, 06:02 PM
Milita? More like a few random trigger happy rednecks caught up in someone elses ego trip.

I agree that the rancher should remove his cattle (and pay 20 years of back grazing fees). It's not his land. But, the people who showed up in his support are militia. They're armed and they're not government issue, i.e. they're milita.

I haven't followed this too closely, but I don't know of any threat outside of their rights. If they didn't have guns with them, the government would have been busy gassing and arresting them. If they didn't have their guns, the government wouldn't have back down from confiscating the cattle.

I don't think they're justified, but I also don't think they're without rights.

Toefoot
04-17-2014, 06:15 PM
I have not broke bread nor do I know the men and women who left their own families to lay it on the line for some Rancher that they themselves do not know out of principle itself speaks volumes.A very unselfish act from strangers gives me pause.....great men and women that never truly can be repaid and I have a feeling it was not expected.
Milita? More like a few random trigger happy rednecks caught up in someone elses ego trip. Basically... if you wanna go to war with Uncle Sam....you are STUPID because Uncle Sam has a whole lot to use. This Bundy jerk is a convenient anarchist who thinks no laws apply to him..that he gets to use lands that ain't his, can refuse to pay his dues. Only a total MORON thinks this has a damn thing to do with "2nd Amendment"...but Damn fools and morons are not all that rare. You have NO RIGHT under the 2nd to threaten any police agency, local, state or federal.

michaelr
04-17-2014, 06:19 PM
I agree that the rancher should remove his cattle (and pay 20 years of back grazing fees). It's not his land. But, the people who showed up in his support are militia. They're armed and they're not government issue, i.e. they're milita.

I haven't followed this too closely, but I don't know of any threat outside of their rights. If they didn't have guns with them, the government would have been busy gassing and arresting them. If they didn't have their guns, the government wouldn't have back down from confiscating the cattle.

I don't think they're justified, but I also don't think they're without rights.

Follow the issue closer before making such comments please. The BLM and ranchers had an agreement. Bundy was within his rights to graze his cattle on PUBLIC land. The BLM wants his ranch. They are the criminals.

Calypso Jones
04-17-2014, 06:21 PM
Harry Reid is a rat and he has raised a family of Vermin.

Calypso Jones
04-17-2014, 06:26 PM
THIS Sentinel.

Via LVRJ (http://www.reviewjournal.com/politics/reid-calls-bundy-supporters-domestic-terrorists?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter):

U.S. Sen. Harry Reid on Thursday called supporters of Bunkerville rancher Cliven Bundy “domestic terrorists” because they defended him against a Bureau of Land Management cattle roundup with guns and put their children in harm’s way.
“They’re nothing more than domestic terrorists,” Reid said during an appearance at a Las Vegas Review-Journal “Hashtags & Headlines” event at the Paris. “I repeat: what happened there was domestic terrorism.”
The BLM shut down its weeklong roundup of Bundy’s cattle Saturday after an armed confrontation with militia members who had traveled to Southern Nevada.

Harry Reid, Senator, leader of the Senate, calls Americans, private citizens, DOMESTIC TERRORISTS. For no other reason than THIS, your sentiments should lie with those who stand up against the tyranny of Big Government.

Roadmaster
04-17-2014, 07:44 PM
They say he didn't pay those false fees but allow illegals to cross the border and give them handouts, medical, schooling. The only terrorist is the government.

old wood
04-18-2014, 09:44 PM
Not many AmPeep know that their local county-sheriff has the ultimate law-enforcement power in the county and can refuse entry to the Feds for any reason--or for none; just "get out of my county." And which Law School did you learn this in? Basically..in the USA.. the Feds go anyplace and on BLM lands..BLM officers obviously have jurisdiction just as some Sheriff can't decide to evict all the park rangers from Yosemite. I have no idea where such silly myths come from or why folks fall for such nonsense.

were your claim true.. there's states in the south where segregation would still be the norm. There would be "safe havens" where you could use DDT,or practice child abuse,lynch Gays...whatever. The USA is a NATION and has LAWS,rules, etc. Some goddam backwoods sheriff in Crackerhead County..has no veto power. Don't kid yourself.

old wood
04-18-2014, 09:53 PM
They say he didn't pay those false fees but allow illegals to cross the border and give them handouts, medical, schooling. The only terrorist is the government. Perhaps you should relocate to another country? Somalia has hardly ANY Govt.

Whatever. "False Fees" ? Actually if you lease grazing rights from a private party..or a State..you'd pay more. THOUSANDS of Ranchers for MANY years have followed the rules. Bundy cankeep his cows on HIS land. If he wants them on MY land..OUR land.. he needs permission. Clivan Bundy is not a fuckin' KING....he's a fuckin' idiot.

The BLM has no involvement in the Border or Schools, hospitals etc. Immigration OUGHT to be discussed, done right and for at least 30 yrs has been a mixed up mess of various interests. If you can't Stand the United States Of America and how our Constitution REALLY works... you can leave any time you like.

Discombobulated
04-20-2014, 03:57 PM
I wonder why "protesters" need to bring guns to a rally? Doesn't exactly sound like passive resistance to me.

Trinnity
04-20-2014, 05:56 PM
I wonder why "protesters" need to bring guns to a rally? Doesn't exactly sound like passive resistance to me.Because they're not stupid, is my guess. So............
I wonder why the BLM had to show up like this?

http://www.texasfred.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/AH-64-600x446.jpg

http://banoosh.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/1024px-Flickr_-_The_U.S._Army_-_SWAT_Teams_at_Fort_Hood-750x420.jpg

http://21stcenturywire.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/21WIRE-15-BLM-Bundy-April-12-14-GMN-Copyright.jpg

And who's tax money paid for these govt thugs? WHY are we paying for our govt to treat us this way? I'm afraid of my govt. Are you?

Discombobulated
04-21-2014, 12:16 AM
Because they're not stupid, is my guess. So............
I wonder why the BLM had to show up like this?

http://www.texasfred.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/AH-64-600x446.jpg

http://banoosh.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/1024px-Flickr_-_The_U.S._Army_-_SWAT_Teams_at_Fort_Hood-750x420.jpg

http://21stcenturywire.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/21WIRE-15-BLM-Bundy-April-12-14-GMN-Copyright.jpg

And who's tax money paid for these govt thugs? WHY are we paying for our govt to treat us this way? I'm afraid of my govt. Are you?

Because they're not stupid? Judging by their actions I would say they were very politically motivated to act with incredible stupidity. People who show up with guns to intimidate or threaten police officers should be treated like any other violent criminals. The contrived drama of the political back story is completely irrelevant to the crime.

Discombobulated
04-21-2014, 02:26 AM
I wonder what a picture of an attack helicopter has to do with anything? Seems sort of misleading and deceptive.....doesn't it.

Katzndogz
04-21-2014, 04:47 PM
BLM was using those helicopters to run the cattle to death. Especially the calves some just days old. They were run until they just dropped dead.

I have long been annoyed at this government and thought it was in many cases wrong. No more. This government is evil. What it has done is evil. What it wants to do is evil.

Roadmaster
04-21-2014, 04:59 PM
BLM was using those helicopters to run the cattle to death. I remember a story not long ago where they took wild horses and sent them to slaughter.

Discombobulated
04-21-2014, 07:14 PM
BLM was using those helicopters to run the cattle to death. Especially the calves some just days old. They were run until they just dropped dead.

I have long been annoyed at this government and thought it was in many cases wrong. No more. This government is evil. What it has done is evil. What it wants to do is evil.

Is that a fact? You learn something new every day. Who knew BLM had helicopters armed with rocket pods and Hellfire missiles?

Calypso Jones
04-21-2014, 07:15 PM
Is that a fact? You learn something new every day. Who knew BLM had helicopters armed with rocket pods and Hellfire missiles?

apparently there's a lot you don't know.

Calypso Jones
04-21-2014, 07:16 PM
Oklahoma militia saying the same thing.

http://kfor.com/2014/04/20/oklahoma-militia-gears-up-to-fight-with-feds/

Discombobulated
04-21-2014, 07:17 PM
apparently there's a lot you don't know.
Another vote for childish deception.

Calypso Jones
04-21-2014, 07:25 PM
Another vote for childish deception.

well look. I'm sorry about that but why are you not able to see the problems with this. People that are involved in this IN Nevada say that the BLM has not provided any information backing up their claims of that amount of money owed. Add to that the fact that the BLM did not follow thru on its contractual obligations regardless. Those cows were run to death. There is no denying that. There is ample amount of evidence and they did not hide the use of their equipment. Tell me something. If you owe back taxes, are you okay with the gov't coming to your door with guns? Beating up your women and tasering your kids??

hoytmonger
04-21-2014, 07:33 PM
I wonder why "protesters" need to bring guns to a rally? Doesn't exactly sound like passive resistance to me.

Why would feds need to bring machine guns and snipers to collect a purported debt? Doesn't sound like serving and protecting the public interest to me.

Or maybe you're just an apologist for authoritarianism.

Discombobulated
04-21-2014, 07:34 PM
well look. I'm sorry about that but why are you not able to see the problems with this. People that are involved in this IN Nevada say that the BLM has not provided any information backing up their claims of that amount of money owed. Add to that the fact that the BLM did not follow thru on its contractual obligations regardless. Those cows were run to death. There is no denying that. There is ample amount of evidence and they did not hide the use of their equipment. Tell me something. If you owe back taxes, are you okay with the gov't coming to your door with guns? Beating up your women and tasering your kids??

Which has exactly what to do with a picture of a fully loaded Apache?

Discombobulated
04-21-2014, 07:35 PM
Why would feds need to bring machine guns and snipers to collect a purported debt? Doesn't sound like serving and protecting the public interest to me.

Or maybe I just like fucking with stupid people....it's cheap entertainment.

Katzndogz
04-22-2014, 11:47 AM

Because the orders that they had from their superiors was to destroy the entire ranch so that it was no longer habitable nor operational.

Invayne
04-22-2014, 01:53 PM
Or maybe I just like fucking with stupid people....it's cheap entertainment.

Self admitted troll.

OOPS! Banned. Hopefully permanent.:thumbsup20:

gainso
04-22-2014, 03:56 PM
there's no such thing as a permanent ban, anyway. all it takes is an ISP concealment program and you can return as often as you like. for real trolls, they can establish a dozen different IDs well in advance, not be consistent with how they express their opinions, and nobody will know, sometimes for months on end.

Invayne
04-22-2014, 04:18 PM
there's no such thing as a permanent ban, anyway. all it takes is an ISP concealment program and you can return as often as you like. for real trolls, they can establish a dozen different IDs well in advance, not be consistent with how they express their opinions, and nobody will know, sometimes for months on end.

Heh...we're aware of that...

gainso
04-22-2014, 04:20 PM
did'nt sount like it.

old wood
04-23-2014, 02:28 AM
And people say they won't kill innocent people. Bring the guns there people.

Go ahead..get busted trying to front for some stupid freeloading cowboy. This should not be in "prepper" or anything about practical, sane politics...etc. Bob Dylan sang .." Don't follow leaders and watch your parking meters"...in other words ,kid... stay under the radar,off video and don't pick a fight you can't win.

gainso
04-23-2014, 01:07 PM
oh, but we CAN win it, and the Feds started it, long ago. It's not really all about this guy, it's also about MOVE, Weaver, Waco, etc.

RMNIXON
04-23-2014, 03:07 PM
Reid now says "Something Will Happen!"

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/04/22/reid-something-will-happen-to-stop-nevada-rancher-cliven-bundy/

He just won't say what it will be.

I think somebody finally shut him up?

Reverend
05-15-2014, 12:16 PM
Perhaps you should relocate to another country? Somalia has hardly ANY Govt...If he wants them on MY land..OUR land.. he needs permission.

This is the lib rant about public land - it belongs to everybody but you.

old wood
05-15-2014, 03:02 PM
This is the lib rant about public land - it belongs to everybody but you.How is this to complex for you to grasp? Can Bundy graze cows on someone elses land? at a National park? He can.. at a modest price..Graze on some BLM lands. He chose to tresspass. He chose to ignore court orders, incite to riot,get out of state sociopaths to aim guns at Law officers. Then he did some racist crap too...still... seems to fucked up to see reality. There's a lot of Public land that belongs to US. I get to enjoy a lot of it..based on certain RULES. Is this to DIFFICULT to understand. I can not Camp out at Area 51...or Ft Knox. I can Camp out at National parks..if I pay and mind the rules. There's places I can park a cow or ride an ATV... but I'd better know the RULES. It ain't some cowboy movie. What happened to the Right...where's the Law Abiding Citizen? Is it now crazy gunslinging outlaws? Is that the new GOP brand?

Reverend
05-15-2014, 03:15 PM
How is this to complex for you to grasp? Can Bundy graze cows on someone elses land? at a National park? He can.. at a modest price..Graze on some BLM lands. He chose to tresspass. He chose to ignore court orders, incite to riot,get out of state sociopaths to aim guns at Law officers. Then he did some racist crap too...still... seems to fucked up to see reality. There's a lot of Public land that belongs to US. I get to enjoy a lot of it..based on certain RULES. Is this to DIFFICULT to understand. I can not Camp out at Area 51...or Ft Knox. I can Camp out at National parks..if I pay and mind the rules. There's places I can park a cow or ride an ATV... but I'd better know the RULES. It ain't some cowboy movie. What happened to the Right...where's the Law Abiding Citizen? Is it now crazy gunslinging outlaws? Is that the new GOP brand?

He didn't do any such thing. Incite to riot? Racist crap?

What happened to the Right...where's the Law Abiding Citizen?

Since when is the left concerned about the "rules", with that criminal you have in the White House? He doesn't bother enforcing immigration laws but that's okay with you, isn't it?

My only point is that the left is always screaming about public land belonging to the "people" - unless the people happen to be conservatives.

The land is our land, too. It's out in the middle of nowhere, no one was harmed. If the BLM hadn't decided to play Gestapo you'd have never even heard of any of this.

Invayne
05-15-2014, 03:22 PM
Since when is the left concerned about the "rules", with that criminal you have in the White House?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/laidbacknluvinit/MHTPC.gif

catfish
05-15-2014, 03:23 PM
Not many AmPeep know that their local county-sheriff has the ultimate law-enforcement power in the county and can refuse entry to the Feds for any reason--or for none; just "get out of my county."I certainly didn't know that.

catfish
05-15-2014, 03:26 PM
So... you still miss segregation?

<<Be civil or take the consequences>>You lefties trot that pony out when you ain't got nothin' else..........if anything your damned predictable

Reverend
05-15-2014, 03:27 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/laidbacknluvinit/MHTPC.gif

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week. :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave: