PDA

View Full Version : Conservative host to Gov Moonbean: No buttkissin from me

Calypso Jones
01-10-2013, 08:43 AM
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-shepp ... s-not-goin

larry Elder tells this to Gov Jerry Brown.

here's the transcript:

When Elder pointed out that there’s no way this train will be run without state subsidies, Brown replied, “You don’t think the freeways are run with subsidies? The airports are run with subsidies. Come on. It costs money.”

“If you’re one of these anti-government guys who wants to dismantle the basic infrastructure of civilization,” Brown continued, “you and I have a disagreement.”

“Now who’s being rude and unfair?” responded Elder. “I never said anything about dismantling government.”

“Sure you are,” Brown objected.

“The people that voted for this bullet train if they had a chance to vote for it again would turn it down,” countered Elder.

“That’s what you think,” replied Brown. “I don’t agree with that.”

Then things seemed to take an ugly turn.

“Look, you invited me under the pretense of talking about one subject,” Brown argued.

“No, Governor,” Elder rebutted. “Your staff called us and you wanted to come on this show, and now you’re unhappy because I’m not kissing your butt. I’m not going to do it.”

What happened next is guaranteed to surprise you.

“I’m very happy,” Brown replied. “I think this is great because you’re getting a different point of view to your listening audience. That’s good. I like that. And you don’t have to agree with me, and I don’t have to agree with you.”
``````

here's my problem...this is a statement by the reporter or article writer.
How refreshing to hear a politician – particularly on the left – get challenged by a host and rather than get angered by it, respond courteously while continuing the interview.

In fact, as it came to a conclusion, Brown said, “We’ll come on again and have this debate. If you want to talk about the bullet train, not today, but somewhere down the road in a few months, I’ll be glad to come on and give you – in fact, I could bring someone on that could give it to you better than I could.”

“I’d love to, Governor,” said Elder. “And I appreciate you coming on. Thanks a lot.”

“You are a vigorous debater,” Brown graciously added.

“You got it,” Elder acknowledged. “Appreciate it, Governor. Thank you.”

Now that’s how left and right should engage in this country: a vigorous debate with both sides shaking hands at the end and asking to do it again in the future.

Just imagine how much more informed the public would be.

Bravo, gentlemen! Bravo!

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-shepp ... z2HaBCt33V (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/01/10/conservative-radio-host-tells-california-gov-jerry-brown-hes-not-goin#ixzz2HaBCt33V)

is it just me? YOu can't be friends with the left. They deserve no friends. They're stupid and destructive even in what they consider to be a good thing. It generally isn't. I don't want the guy i vote for to be a friend to democrats during off hours. These people are destroying the country and no doubt would happily order our disarming, confiscation of guns and/or gold, confiscate our kids for propagandizing, put us in internment/re-education camps and EAT US.

These are not people to call friends.

Sinestro/Green Arrow
01-10-2013, 07:11 PM
Gov. Jerry Brown is one of the worst politicians in this country, yet he still was courteous and gracious to your side. But you still go on and on about them being evil.

I think at this point, you're projecting.